Title: Property Manager
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Reporting to: Country Head
Property manager required for the Lisbon office of a rapidly growing, international real estate asset management company with a diverse banking and financial client base. The role consists of managing the rental performance as well as the physical maintenance and remediation of a diverse portfolio of properties throughout Portugal.
- Supports the Country Manager to develop and implement overall strategic action plans to enhance the value of the assigned properties;
- Responsible to set up and maintain a contractor’s and service provider’s panel in accordance with agreed procedures;
- Supervises and manages service providers in accordance with agreed procedures to ensure optimum property and unit performance;
- Coordinates all procedures relating to maintenance, security, rent collection, municipality taxes, utilities, insurance and other property related regulatory and financial obligations;
- Negotiates with contractors and service providers in accordance with agreed procedures to ensure best value for money and assess overall performance, taking remedial action where necessary;
- Negotiates administration, financial and regulatory obligations with community partners, residents, agencies and other stakeholders, escalating proposals for relevant approvals where necessary;
- Visits and audits the properties, approves or escalates for approval expenses relating to repairs, work-in-progress projects and small development projects, to reduce risks and enhance value;
- Acts as point of contact for tenants and contractors with overall responsibility for the planning and coordinated delivery of all services;
- Coordinates the collection efforts for delinquent tenants and collaborates with Legal department for more serious issues;
- Continually evaluates and enhances the efficiency of all operations maximizing cost effectiveness;
- Ensures the minimum insurance needs of the assigned portfolio of assets under management are met;
- Develops and maintains technical proficiency, industry knowledge and communication skills to provide timely information on property specific issues.
Professional Experience and Qualifications:
- University degree in Engineering, Finance and/or Business/Project Management;
- 3 - 4 years of relevant experience preferred;
- Strong communication, analytical and data organisation/interpretation skills;
- Proven ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet strict deadlines;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook);
- Strong technical and solid experience with financial data analysis;
- Knowledge of local Real Estate market preferred;
- Native Portuguese, and fluent in English speaking;
- Clean driving license required;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Attention to detail, highly organized and able to multi-task.
Please send CV and English cover letter to Paul.Mascaro@res-am.com by 11th June 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.